Are you seeking out Movies Like The notebook to watch? You have come to the right place then! The Notebook is considered one of the best romantic movies to watch. It is adapted from a novel of the same name The Notebook written by Nicholas Sparks. You may wish to watch more such movies like The Notebook that will melt your heart. In this article, let’s have a look at the list of Movies Like The Notebook that I have sorted out for you.
List of 10 Movies Like The Notebook To Watch
Here I have put forward the list of the movies like The Notebook for you.
- A Walk To Remember
- Dear John
- The Fault In Our Stars
- Me Before You
- The Vow
- The Age Of Adaline
- Midnight Sun
- S. I Love You
Top 10 Movies Like The Notebook
From here onwards I have written down little details of all the romantic movies like The Notebook that you should watch.
Titanic is a classic romantic movie like The Notebook released worldwide in 1997. This movie is based on the true story of the sinking ship named TITANIC. It is narrated by an old lady with pain and love in her eyes of her past. The story is about a boy and girl as members of different classes who fell in love with each other on the ship. When TITANIC hits an iceberg, it sinks into the freezing waters along with the people on board. This is an old movie just like The Notebook with a heartbreaking love story.
- Running Time: 195 minutes
- Release On: December 1997
- Actors: Leonardo DiCaprio, Kate Winslet, Billy Zane, Kathy Bates, Frances Fisher, Bernard Hill, Jonathan Hyde, David Warner
- Director: James Cameron
- Producer: James Cameron, Jon Landau
A Walk To Remember
A Walk To Remember is a Romantic-Drama Movie like The Notebook. It is a small high school love story of two teenagers meeting and falling in love with each other. Later the lead character gets into trouble and is forced to do community service. A powerful and emotional bond develops between them which helps them to discover truths. You should definitely keep these romantic movies like the Notebook on your wishlist.
- Running Time: 102 minutes
- Release On: January 2002
- Actors: Mandy Moore, Peter Coyote, Shane West, Daryl Hannah
- Director: Adam Shankman
- Producer: Denise Di Novi, Hunt Lowry
Dear John is an American romantic war-drama movie like The Notebook on Netflix. It is based on the novel of the same name “Dear John” written by Nicholas Sparks. The movie follows the life of a soldier who falls in love with a young woman. After he is deployed to the war, they remain in touch by exchanging letters with each other. Surely watch this feature film like The Notebook in your free time.
- Running Time: 107 minutes
- Release On: February 2010
- Actors: Channing Tatum, Amanda Seyfried, Hendry Thomas, Scott Porter, Richard Jenkins
- Director: Lasse Hallstrom
- Producer: Marty Bowen, Wyck Godfrey, Ryan Kavanaugh
The Fault In Our Stars
The plot of the movie The Fault In Our Stars is based on two teenage cancer patients. This story is narrated by a 16-year old girl suffering from thyroid cancer that has affected her lungs. She is forced by her parents to attend a group where she meets and falls in love with a 17-year boy. He is an ex-basketball player and an amputee. This love movie like The Notebook is an adaptation of the same name novel.
- Running Time: 126 minutes
- Release On: June 2014
- Actors: Shailene Woodley, Ansel Elgort, Laura Dern, Sam Trammell, Nat Wolff, Willem Dafoe
- Director: Josh Boone
- Producer: Wyck Godfrey, Marty Bowen
Me Before You
Me Before You is a romantic drama movie like The Notebook released in 2016. In this movie, a young and bright girl helps her family ends meet by doing multiple jobs one after another. The girl becomes a caregiver of a rich young banker who is paralyzed because of an accident. She makes him realize that life is always worth living. Their bond grows deeper along with time. This movie like after The Notebook is worth watching!
- Running Time: 110 min
- Release On: June 2016
- Actors: Sam Claflin, Janet McTeer, Emilia Clarke, Charles Dance, Brendan Coyle
- Director: Thea Sharrock
- Producer: Karen Rosenfelt, Alison Owen
Twilight is the very first installment of the Twilight Saga which was released in 2008. It is a vampire-themed romantic film series based on the novels of author Stephenie Meyer. This movie is all about the romantic relationship between a high-school student and an immortal vampire guy. It is further followed by another three more segments that keep you engaged throughout the time. You should consider this new series of movies like The Notebook to watch on screen.
- Running Time: 121 minutes
- Release On: November 2008
- Actors: Robert Pattinson, Billy Burke, Kristen Stewart, Peter Facinelli
- Director: Catherine Hardwicke
- Producer: Wyck Godfrey, Greg Mooradian, Mark Morgan
The Vow is the highest-grossing movie after The Notebook was released nationwide in 2012. It is the journey of Paige and Leo happily married newlyweds who suddenly meet in a car accident. She suffers severe memory loss because of the accident. Paige doesn’t recognize her husband and her parents. In spite of all the obstacles, Leo is still determined to rebuild their broken marriage. Its storyline is a little similar to a movie like Me Before You.
- Running Time: 104 minutes
- Release On: February 2012
- Actors: Rachel McAdams, Channing Tatum, Sam Neil, Scott Speedman, Jessica Lange
- Director: Michael Sucsy
- Producer: Roger Birnbaum, Gary Barber, Jonathan Glickman, Paul Taulieb
The Age Of Adaline
The Age of Adaline is one of the emotional movies like The Notebook. The movie is about a young woman who is born at the turn of the 20th century. Adaline never allows herself to get close to anyone because of her secret. She remains youthful for nearly eight decades due to an accident. After a certain period, she meets a man who messes up her eternal life. The exposure of her truth keeps you intact until the movie ends.
- Running Time: 113 minutes
- Release On: April 2015
- Actors: Michiel Huisman, Blake Lively, Kathy Baker, Harrison Ford, Ellen Burstyn
- Director: Lee Toland Krieger
- Producer: Sidney Kimmel, Gary Lucchesi, Tom Rosenberg
Midnight Sun is a story of a 17-year-old girl named Katie who lives with a life-threatening sensitivity to sun rays. She comes out after dark to play guitar for random people. Katie meets Charlie, a young man who she has secretly admired for many years. She struggles whether to tell him about her disease or pretend to live like normal. Experience the joy of love by watching this movie like after The Notebook.
- Running Time: 91 minutes
- Release On: March 2018
- Actors: Patrick Schwarzenegger, Bella Thorne, Rob Riggle, Quinn Shephard
- Director: Scott Speer
- Producer: Jen Gatien, John Rickard, Zack Schiller
S. I Love You
P.S. I Love You is a Rom-Com movie like The Notebook. In this movie, Holly and Gerry Kennedy are married couples. Holly loses the love of her life who dies due to an illness. Garry knew his death will affect Holly badly so he wrote series of letters for her. She receives letters that encourage her to move forward to start a new life. You may find the storyline of this movie matching with the movie like Fault in Our Stars.
- Running Time: 125 minutes
- Release On: December 2007
- Actors: Hilary Swank, Gerard Butler, Lisa Kudrow, Harry Connick Jr., Gina Gershon, Jeffrey Dean Morgan, Kathy Bates
- Director: Richard LaGravenese
- Producer: Wendy Finerman, Broderick Johnson, Andrew Kosove, Molly Smith
Is The Notebook Really Sad?
Yes, The Notebook movie is really sad to watch. Both the characters of the movie promise to love each other forever and they did. Their love story lasts all the way to the end makes you very emotional.
How Did Noah And Allie Die?
Noah was battling a third stage cancer and had a stroke. He is also suffering from kidney disease. While Allie dies because she was diagnosed with Alzheimer’s disease.
Is A Notebook Based On A True Story?
Yes, The Notebook is based on a true story of a couple. It’s adapted from the novel by Nicholas Sparks. He was impressed with the love bond of his wife’s grandparents who were together for more than 60 years. They told Nicholas how they met and fell in love that inspired him to write the novel.
Why Is The Notebook Bad?
The Notebook is bad as their romantic relationship is very toxic. The behavior and actions of Noah are disrespectful towards Allie. They constantly fought and hit each other all the time.
In the above article, I have handpicked 10 movies like The Notebook for you. Each of the stories will keep you engaged from the first moment till the end of the movie. All these movies feature drama, comedy, and romance. Some of the movies are adapted from novels that give you an emotional rollercoaster ride. Do not miss the other movies like The Notebook that are equally good!